Frequently Asked Questions
Seldom do fabric producers warranty their fabrics; however since Lancer endeavors to offer our customers, a quality product we warranty our upholstery fabrics and slip cover fabrics for one year against wear , seam opening , fraying, and dye transfer under normal care and use. After-market stain repellants come in a wide variety of brand names and are composed of several different types of chemicals. We do not know the chemical compositions of the various stain repellants, but most are composed of a type of oil base that weakens the fibers of the fabric and disintegrates the latex-acrylic backing. It is essential that these treatments not be applied to upholstery fabric, as the only way we can stand behind our fabric selections is for us to limit the chemistry and processes applied to them. Any chemical treatment applied in the home or by a third party voids the warranty agreement that we, Lancer Inc., provide for the fabric. Cleaning of fabrics with inappropriate cleaners and/or in a harsh manner also voids the fabric warranty. Fabrics which peel/peeling, fade, or shrink or are subject to animal use are not warrantied. Don't let your pets use your furniture as this causes premature soiling and animal hair gets into your fabric. This hair, dust, and gritty particles can become embedded in your fabric and cause wear and cutting of your thread. Please vacuum or brush away loose dirt regularly and reverse you cushions in order to enjoy the maximum benefit of your beautiful new furniture.
We warranty the premium innerspring mattresses, air mattress bladders, and air mattress pumps found in our sleepers for one year. The heavy duty swivel bases we use on swivel rockers are covered for one year to the original owner.
Should a material defect occur within the first year of ownership to the original owner, Lancer Inc. will absorb all labor and transportation cost from the original point of purchase. We reserve the right to make any warranted repairs at our factory. If a product is more than one year past its consumer purchase date, as reflected by your retail purchase receipt, any repair, even one under warranty, will be subject to incurring the prevailing transportation and labor costs. These charges are the responsibility of the consumer. "Original point of purchase" is defined as the retail store and location where the purchase was made.
- Flip and/or rotate any loose cushions and backs frequently to minimize cover creep this will add to the life of your cushions and minimize damage done by soiling.
- Sunlight can quickly cause fabrics to fade. Limit the amount of direct sun on any piece of upholstered fabric.
- Vacuuming the surface and under cushions regularly will extend the life of your fabric cover.
- All spills should be cleaned promptly by blotting with a clean cloth. Should the stain remain please refer to the specific fabric's cleaning code for that fabric and follow the directions. This cleaning code can be found on the fabric swatches from your original purchase or from your retailer.
- Never remove cushion or back covers for separate dry cleaning or washing (except for slip covers). Do not "refresh" them using any type of tumble cleaning or drying process as this may destroy the backing of the fabric, damage the weave, and cause fabric shrinkage.
S - Use a mild, water-free, dry cleaning product
W - Use a water-based cleaning product such as mild detergent or non-solvent fabric shampoo.
SW - Use a dry cleaning product, a water-based mild detergent or a foam type fabric cleaning product.